Naturally Flowing Film Images
24p Cinema Smoother
The system analyzes the frames before and after, and generates and inserts three new frames. By displaying images with 96 frames compared to the 24-frame original source, smooth images are produced without the blurring that is typical of movies.
Brilliant Images from Every Seat
Wide Viewing Angle
With VIERA’s wide 178°* viewing angle, you see clear, vibrant images from every seat in the room. The backlight features a wide transmission aperture that enhances contrast between light and dark and improves response to provide smoother motion images.
Change the Way You Operate
VIERA remote App Support: Smartphone Remote
VIERA remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.
Gamepad operation for VIERA Connect game applications which can be enjoyed on the large screen.
* Gamepad operations can be used only for games downloaded from the VIERA Connect Market.
Enjoy photos, music and movies on VIERA and smartphone anytime
Instant Support When You Need It
Product Support Center
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained using movies. They are easy for everyone, young or old, to understand. A video guide can be accessed from VIERA Connect.
* Requires the downloading of a free app from VIERA Connect Market.
Inside the User’s Manual
No more need to search through the User’s Manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just select and display the eHELP from VIERA Tools.
Takes You to a New World
VIERA Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers.
Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection
It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It’s a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the Wireless LAN Adapter. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
* A wireless LAN environment is required to use the Wireless LAN Adaptor.
A Home Network Linking the Entire House
* The Wireless LAN Adaptor is sold separately.
A DLNA-compatible VIERA makes network connection super easy. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.
* Wireless LAN Adaptor is required for home networking.
Get More Excitement Out of Gaming
Games are much more fun when there’s no lag in operation. VIERA automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see. Game mode makes all of the game apps on VIERA Connect even more fun to play.
Play Various Types of Formats Easily
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA’s large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
* Applicable formats vary depending on the model.
One Remote Controls Them All
VIERA Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the VIERA remote. Setup is easy, too – simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power
This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on VIERA’s operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from VIERA Tools.
No Signal for 10 Minutes or No Activity for 3 Hours
This setting automatically turns the power off when there’s no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there’s no activity for 3 hours or more.
This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.
Adjusts Screen Brightness to Suit the Room
C.A.T.S. [Contrast Automatic Tracking System]
This detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.
Ecological and Easy
Power Saving Functions in VIERA Link™
The power of each connected device is adjusted depending on usage to reduce wasteful usage.
Standby Power Save
When VIERA is turned off, the power consumption of connected devices* is minimized.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.
** The power consumption value differs depending on the discs used in connected devices and the usage conditions
Intelligent Auto Standby
Power consumption is minimized by using VIERA Link™ control for interconnected devices.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start
Panasonic VIERA AR Setup Simulator App
Get the best Setup and viewing style for your Panasonic Viera TV
Notice for VIERA Connect
* The services through VIERA Connect are operated by their respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic will make no warranty for the content or the continuity of the service.
* Not all features of websites or content of the service may be available.
* Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
* Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
* The MLB, FOX Sports, YouTube™, hulu Plus, Netflix, Cinemanow, Amazon Instant Video™, VUDU, iFit, Withings, AP, AccuWeather, BodyMedia, SHOUTcast, Pandora®, Facebook and Twitter® names and logos are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and other countries.
* The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited.
* Each service is scheduled to begin in Spring 2012, but the actual start will vary for each of the service partners.
* Attention: it is not possible to make emergency calls with Skype™.
* USB Keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor are not included.
* Communication Camera for VIERA is not included